Question :WHY is wood moisture content so important?
Answer: Because it causes the wood to shrink and expand.
Question: WHAT is the main cause of wood cracking ?
Answer: Seasonal Change (Temperature) is the main cause, as the high humidity in woods will cause the woods to shrink/expands.
Question: WHAT is the best moisture condition for woods ?
Answer: When EMC occured. Equilibrium Moisture Content (EMC) occurs when the MC inside wood reaches a balance with the relative humidity (RH) and temperature of the wood’s surrounding environment. This balance is crucial because wood continues to absorb and release moisture as the RH changes over time.
Wood Moisture Meter is a device that use to measure the moisture level of woods by simply touching the 2 pins to the woods.
- Can be used to test a variety of wooden cardboard and dry goods
- Four measurement modes, more than 50 common woods
- Integrated measuring probe
- LCD large screen display
- Data retention, easy reading
- Automatic shutdown to save power
- Open the lid and pinch the left and right sides to open
- Press the power button to boot
- Select the corresponding mode according to the material to be tested, press the MODE button to switch the A/B/C/D mode.
- Puncture the measuring probe into the object to be measured, and display the humidity reading for 1 second (press “HOLD” to keep the reading)
- Press the power button to turn off the power, or automatically shut down after 15 minutes.
Scope of application:
Humidity measuring instrument is mainly suitable for moisture measurement of wood, building materials, medicine, paper, carton and other materials.
Material: ABS plastic
Size: approx. 145 X 67 X 32mm
Weight: about 145g
Type: normal,high quality
Display: Large LCD character display
Display type: number
Measuring principle: resistance
Range: Wood: 0~99.9%
Auto power off: after about 15 minutes
Data lock: there is
Low battery prompt: Yes
Electrode length: 10mm (0.4±)
Electrode Pin: Integrated
Power: 9V DC battery (not included in this product)
Operating temperature: 0 to 40 ° C, (32 to 104 ° F)
Package Include :
- 1 x Wood Moisture Meter
- 1 x User Manual